Thursday, August 15, 2013

DAY 214 - Because of Michelle I become An Anglican priest! A Love Story on My Birthday to You!


**NEW link for the  14th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 14th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)

Update  for Leslie Sunday July 29, 2013:
Wow! Leslie came to our 11a.m. service yesterday and received communion. He could eat the communion bread! He can start eating now! Praise the Lord! Thanks for your prayers! God is so, so real! Jesus is Lord!
There will be a thanksgiving gathering at Richmond Emmanuel Church on his birthday, August 23, 6p.m. to 7p.m. All are welcome!


Golden Verse 金句

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?       Romans 8:35
  



誰 能 使 我 們 與 基 督 的 愛 隔 絕 呢 ?
                                                                        使徒行傳  8:35


                                                                                          
Today's Reading: Romans 8:18-39

Please read Romans 8:18-39 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:

You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf
You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.


Please click this link to worship with us -
I Will Run to You

Chinese praise song -
祢讓我生命改變 You Transform My Life


Please click the links to Romans 8:18-39
     What I got from Jesus is: Your choice: Because of Michelle I become an Anglican priest! A love story on my birthday to you!

     What I received from Jesus today is a big, big birthday gift! Jesus reminds me that Michelle gave me a bookmark with exactly this "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ. It was a Sunday in April 1982. That day is one of the most important turning-points of my life because I was about to decide lots of things including whether I should listen to the call to leave my job in the Hong Kong Government Music Office and went to seminary preparing myself to become an Anglican priest. As I got that bookmark from her hand, Jesus said, "What are you doing now? Who shall separate you from listening to my call?Is that high rank position in the Government? Is that money? Leave you job now and go to serve me as a priest. And, let me tell you. Michelle is the wife I prepare for you."

     Wow! I was just finishing conducting the church choir rehearsal at that moment and ready for the choir to vest for the service. Michelle was one of my choir members. You never can imagine how I felt at that time.

    So, I made a wise choice. I chose to follow Jesus, resigned from Music Office in two months time and began my new relationship with Michelle. We were engaged in the small chapel in our home church, Holy Trinity Church on August 8, 1984 by Rev. Cannon Edmund Der. There were only three of us in the chapel that day. A kind of "Romeo and Juliet" engagement. I went to Nashota House Episcopal Seminary in Wisconsin in August 20, 1984 leaving Michelle behind in Hong Kong. Then I went back to Hong Kong and marry Michelle on July 13, 1985 and we went back to Wisconsin to complete my last two years of study of my Master of Divinity degree and back to Hong Kong to be ordained as a deacon in Sept. 1987 and a priest Oct. 18, 1988.

    That is my birthday sharing today!
    I made a good and wise choice. How about you?  

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to make a good and wise choice to follow you and to be in your love each day.   In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

Discipler123(Daily Devotion, with English and Cantonese podcast)

This blog: Daily Devotion on Fire 2(One year New Testament): 

Daily Devotion on Fire(3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build(40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians, with English and Cantonese podcast): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study, with English and Cantonese podcast): 

Bible in One Year blog by Rev. Nicky Gumbel

No comments:

Post a Comment