Friday, November 1, 2013

DAY 289 - When to Rebuke and When to Encourage?


**NEW link for the  15th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 15th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013, 15th from Sept. 1, 2013 to Dec. 9. 2013)


Want to know why I have been writing and recording my blogs and podcast daily since August 10, 2009? Click these three links:

Confirmation from John Stott in 2009: 
http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html
My MicroMacro Discipleship, A missing DNA in Discipleship Development: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/introduction-micromacro-discipleship.html
Subject Shifting Devotion Method(Inspired by John Stott in 1991: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html


Today's Reading: 1 Timothy 5

Please read 1 Timothy 5 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:

You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf
You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.


不 可 嚴 責 老 年 人 , 只 要 勸 他 如 同 父 親 ; 勸 少 年 人 如 同 弟 兄 ;
 勸 老 年 婦 女 如 同 母 親 ; 勸 少 年 婦 女 如 同 姐 妹 ; 總 要 清 清 潔 潔 的 。
                                 

提 摩 太 前 書 5:1-2


Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father,younger men as brothers,  older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity.

1 Timothy 5:1-2


Please click the links to 1 Timothy 5

    What I got today from Jesus is: When to rebuke and when to encourage?
    
    What I got from Jesus today is something difficult to discern. When was the last time you encourage someone? When was the last time you rebuke someone?

     Yesterday Archbishop Kolini laid hands to pray for me at the end of this year's AMiA bishops and clergy retreat. One of the things he said was, "Give Silas the authority to rebuke." I do not like to exercise the authority to rebuke. Last time I rebuked someone was three months ago and I recorded that in my blog, may be this one or Discipler123. I still remember the day after I put that on my blog a leader came to me asking me if it was someone in her family. I said no, that was another person. She was relieved. That rebuke works because that person had a repentance and changed the way he was acting.

    So, what I got from Jesus today is for us to think how to exercise the gift to encourage and the authority to rebuke. We can never have an answer because it is not easy to balance. Jesus has been teaching me, reminding me and commanding me to give as much encouragements as I can. But, because of that daily intimate personal relationship with Jesus, He also asked me to rebuke, though it is not very often. Last time it was three months ago.

    How about you? Do you know when to rebuke and when to encourage? Do you know the answer to this question?  

      
Dear Lord Jesus,
Lead us to know when to rebuke and when to encourage. Help us to know that the answer is always in our daily intimate personal relationship with you. Nothing more and nothing less. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
一首愛歌

10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) Matt Redman

You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 
Daily Devotion on Fire 2
(2 years plan -One year New Testament, one year Old Testament)

Daily Devotion on Fire
(3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build 
(40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians)

Emmanuel330
(40 weeks First Step Bible Study)

No comments:

Post a Comment