Friday, January 24, 2014

DAY 367 - Yes, You Can Do It!

Want to know why I have been writing and recording my blogs and podcast daily since August 10, 2009? Click these three links:

Confirmation from John Stott in 2009: 
http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html
My MicroMacro Discipleship, A missing DNA in Discipleship Development: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/introduction-micromacro-discipleship.html
Subject Shifting Devotion Method(Inspired by John Stott in 1991: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html


Today's Reading: Exodus 6-7

Please read Exodus 6-7 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:

You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf
You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.


摩 西 在 耶 和 華 面 前 說 : 看 哪 , 我 是 拙 口 笨 舌 的 人 , 法 老 怎 肯 聽 我 呢 ?
                                                             出 埃 及 記 6 :30

But Moses said to the Lord, “Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips. How will Pharaoh listen to me?”

                                                   Exodus 6:30

Please click the links to Exodus 6-7

    What I got today from Jesus is: Yes, you can do it!

    What I got from Jesus is an encouragement that I have been waiting for the past 40 days. I have made a pause on this blog since December 22, exactly 40 days. Well, maybe I needed that 40 days to have a little bit of 'rest' before I start again. It is good that I have not stopped writing my Discipler123 blog.

    Moses' excuse of not doing God's call was that he spoke with faltering lips. He made this excuse three times: Exodus 4:10; 6:12 and 6:30.

    My first excuse of not being able to answer Jesus' calling to go to a seminary to prepare myself to become an Anglican priest in 1981 is just the same because I was having the same problem of faltering lips since I was very young. "How can I preach if I become a priest? Are you kidding me?" This had been my excuses, many times. But Jesus told me very clearly, many times just like in Exodus 4: 12: "Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." I clearly heard that 32 years ago. Wow! I really can do it!

    Is Jesus calling you to do something and your respond is "No, I can't do it"?Maybe this is the time Jesus wants to tell you, "Yes, you can do it!"

    What do you say? 

Dear Holy Spirit,
Pour down on us your fresh anointing and your gift of faith so that we know that anything you call us to do, we can do it.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.





Please click this link to worship with us -
從心合一 Unity starts from Your Heart

10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) Matt Redman

You may choose to follow my other daily blog:

Discipler 123 (Daily devotion using N.T. Wright's NT for Everyone as source)
http://discipler123.blogspot.ca/

Daily Devotion on Fire 2
(2 years plan -One year New Testament, one year Old Testament)

Daily Devotion on Fire
(3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build 
(40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians)

Emmanuel330
(40 weeks First Step Bible Study)

No comments:

Post a Comment