Monday, September 23, 2013

DAY 251 - My Grace Is Sufficient for you


**NEW link for the  14th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 14th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)


Golden Verse 金句


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
                                                                2 Corinthians 12:9

他 對 我 說 : 我 的 恩 典 夠 你 用 的 , 因 為 我 的 能 力 是 在 人 的 軟 弱 上 顯 得 完 全 。 所 以 , 我 更 喜 歡 誇 自 己 的 軟 弱 , 好 叫 基 督 的 能 力 覆 庇 我 。
                                                                 歌 林 多 後 書 12:9
                                                                                          
Today's Reading: 2 Corinthians 12

Please read 2 Corinthians 12 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:

You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf
You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.


Please click this link to worship with us -
I Will Run to You

Chinese praise song -
祢讓我生命改變 You Transform My Life


Please click the links to 2 Corinthians 12

Chinese 中文: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=歌 林 多 後 書 12&version=CUV
English (ESV): http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 12&version=ESV

     What I got today from Jesus is: My grace is sufficient for you

    What I received from Jesus today is a comfort for all pastors and leaders in the midst of hardship and persecution.  Lots of time we spend our time, energy and everything to raise up leaders, but at the end we might be persecute by those we personally trained.

    No one knows what is the thorn Paul was talking about. Was it a kind of physical sickness or mental weakness? Well, I think if you read carefully this chapter and the last one, you should be able to feel the pain of Paul being named as a fool, being accused of a crafty fellow. And, the church in Corinth was full of quarrelling, jealousy, ager, factions, slander,gossip, arrogance, disorder, impurity, sexual sin and debauchery. Wow! That hurt! I think that's the thorn!

    For 25 years I have been suffering the same things Paul suffered yet not that big magnitude, still very painful. Everytime when I came to the end of my patience, the Lord reminds me of verse 9. I can memorize verse 9 any time. 

     It's OK. We need to be prepared that this kind of suffering, persecution and betrayal will happen again and again. Receive the comfort from our Lord just as how He comforted Paul. It's OK! Jesus is Lord, those hardship cannot control our lives, Jesus is Lord! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to memorize verse 9 so that we can get over our next spiritual attack and can focus our eyes on you and not the lions.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - 

一首愛歌

No comments:

Post a Comment