Friday, February 20, 2015

DAY 3 - How Dare You Turn My Father's House into A Market?





This blog is to help you to have a daily intimate personal relationship with Jesus 
and to be able to memorize one golden verse everyday.
We will cover New Testament in one year, 
Old Testament in another year


Golden Verse 金句

To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!”
                  John 2:16

又 對 賣 鴿 子 的 說 : 「 把 這 些 東 西 拿 去 ! 不 要 將 我 父 的 殿 當 作 買 賣 的 地 方 。 」
                                                                  約翰福音 2:16
                                                                                  
                                          



Today's Reading: John 2

Please read John 2 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:

You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf

You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.
Please click this link to worship with us -
Open The Eyes of My Heart Lord
Chinese praise song -
雲上太陽 The Sun above the cloud



                

     What I got from Jesus is: How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!
     
     What I got from Jesus today is a kind of spiritual "X-ray". Somewhat like when you are in the airport your carry-on is being X-rayed.

     The selling and buying was necessary as in the Jewish system of sacrifice. Jesus was not against the system but was against those people's heart.

     Let me give you an example.  About 14 years ago when Richmond Emmanuel Church was still using St. Alban's Anglican Church for Sunday worship we had a sad happening. An old friend of me came to worship the first time. After that she said, "Silas, I will never enter your church again!" I was shocked and said, "Why?" She said, "You know, in that first ten minutes of my walking in the front door to sitting down there were five people approached me. They were sales who gave me name cards asking me to buy house, to use them as their insurance agent and to buy all kinds of things. I just can't stand that. How did you train your people? That's a shame!" I was speechless and I remember the next Sunday I did the same thing similar to what Jesus did. Well, I did not bring a whip but I rebuked our people in a very harsh way that I never did before. I asked them not to pass their name cards trying to get more connection when they walked in the front door of our church and out. I asked them not to pass any sold things to their customers when they entered our church. I was very serious and it seems that from then on I have not heard that kind of complain yet sometimes I still have some people telling me that similar things happened and I had to deal with some people in a private way.

     Jesus says to those who sell, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"

     Watch out, don't do that! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Open our hearts and souls to worship you when we come into your holy temple but not turning your house into a market. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
      
      
Please click this link to worship with us - 

Shine Jesus Shine
Chinese praise song -

因主的名 Because of your Name


Please click these two links to my other blogs/podcasts:

No comments:

Post a Comment